Sunday, December 27, 2009

Lynwilg to Carrbridge on Skis

Another great day ski touring in the Monadhliath behind Aviemore. I skinned up the track from Lynwilg to the top of the Burma Pass and then up to the summit of Geal charn Mor. From there I returned back to saddle and then on north west, passing east of Geal charn Beag heading for the track leading into the forest to the south west of Beananach Wood.


Conditions gradually deteriorated as I lost height with the last section into, and through the woods being really hard work. What I imagined might have been a 4-5 hour trip turned out to be an 8 hour endurance flog.

No trains on boxing day which gave me an excuse to have a few pints of Red Squirrel + crisps in the excellent Cairn Hotel before getting a taxi back to Aviemore.



View Skiing from Lynwilg to Carrbridge in a larger map

No comments: