Monday, January 18, 2010

Telemarking

Climbing, running, cycling and darts is for losers. Telemark skiing is where its at!

Ah yes, effortless gliding down the slopes with poise and style. Gracefully carving perfect S turns in pristine powder....

In my dreams. At least I did manage to string a few turns together. I know it must have looked like telemarking because some youth in a daft outfit shouted from the lift:

"That's the first time I've ever seen someone trying to learn how to do that"

and

"Everyone else seems to be an expert at it; know wot a mean mate?..."

I most certainly do know what you mean. (mate)

1 comment:

Stuart Malcolm said...

Hi Andy - good to see you this evening. Like the comments on telemarking. I too have spent the last month ski-ttering around on the snow! My outdoor blog is at www.wolfhowl.co.uk
Cheers! Stuart.